Saturday, January 31, 2009

Passing on

Received news early this morning while I was blazing along on the North-South highway. An uncle on my mothers side, the second of three have passed on. Two down and one to go. Innalillah and Al-Fatihah is all I could muster as neither the will nor resources availed itself for me to go and pay my last respect. His sons and daughter whom I have not been in touch with since we were kids, I am sure will be there to do the necessary.

Such is the nature of human relations I live in today. Sure, blood is thicker than water but water sustains you, blood will not (unless you are a vampire...). Deep inside, if it was (god forbid) one from my circle of close friends or relatives that passed on, I am certain that I will be able to find the will or resource for the last goodbye.

That said, may Allah bless Pak Teh's soul and may he rest in peace.

1 comment:

J.T. said...

May your uncle rest in peace.

How have you been, Apandi? Hope all is well with you. Thought I'd drop by and say hello and let you know that I am still alive and kicking (although my blog seems lifeless at times). I have resolved to update my blog when I can (give and take every two weeks or so). :)