Sunday, December 02, 2007

Taking responsibility for yourself...


Phew, things have been so hectic that I have had to ignore my blogs. I did not even have the luxury of taking photos. Missed quite a few photo op, Penang, Langkawi, Melaka not to mention the numerous eating places and glorious food that I gorged on. The camera was there, yet the situation does not permit...

In the middle of this, a little bird whispered to me saying that people thought I have changed and am no longer the person I was before. That friendship to me is a tool to move forward, once used to be left behind if not discarded. Then it flew away before I could ask what the @3#@^?* this is all about. Lucky it did or it might end up stuffed and hanging on a wall somewhere...

This post is not a defence, just a little rant to give my side of the story. Not specifically for you but for me, perhaps in time to come I would look back to this and learn a thing or two. First and foremost, everything changes, even time. There is no reverse. You age, you wrinkle and you die. Its a human fact. With that progression, other things change too. I weigh a bit more, my hair is beginning to have speckles of white in it, I can't eat as much and I sleep less. So, yes, I have changed. But that statement about friendship being a tool is something that I definitely cannot accept. I have been used as a tool but I have and never will be a user. If that is what you thought of me, I am sorry, not for you but for myself. Its sad to think that people I accepted as friends thinking of me that way.

Anyway, you might ask, what has this little rant got to do with the title ? Well, in a round about way, what I am trying to say is that, we should each look at ourselves first, examine our actions and habits before we point fingers and start saying so and so is a snob, so and so is getting arrogant, you get the drift.

Finally, I am still here (errr, in Malaysia...for now) so call me. If I don't answer, SMS and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Otherwise lets just get on with our lives and see if time will bring us back together.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All relationship needs a break once a while.

den said...

i wish i can write a good english but i cant, cant even write a proper english to express my feeling...

anyway, i miss the swamp of mosquitoes, the mud, the butt pain, b'fast with non MTB, miss the minum petang sabtu....

but wat to do life has to go on and i do wish that we can start those activities all over again soon.

Apandi said...

Sedihlah pulakkkk. Hopefully we can do all that again soon. Thanks guys.

Anonymous said...

emmm, aku pun sedih gak.

Anonymous said...

pi la Jeram ... take a break