Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Penang Mari.

We went to Penang Mari (Came from Penang) recently, really, that is the name of the eating place in Taman Tun. The drinks are still OK, the prices are still as expensive (oooo Taman Tun, elite area, aaaa), sadly the food leaves a lot to be desired. This used to be our favourite place for bee hoon soup, fried kuehtiaw (is that the right spelling ?), fried rice etc.

Sighhhh, I presume the old cook either had run away or been absconded by some other restaurant cause I hear Jasima in the same vicinity had better food nowadays. Will eat there next time then.


Pattaya fried rice. Basically fried rice in a parcel made up by wrapping it in a thin omelette.

Watermelon juice.

Penang prawn mee. Err, the prawns smell a bit old. For the first time in a long while, I was unable to finish my meal.

Carrot juice with milk.

Mamak fried mee though I am sure the cook banging at the wok producing this is an Indonesian with nary a trace of Indian or Mamak lineage in him.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That Penang Prawn Mee was good aaahhh??? Looks delicious...and yummy too. Lapar lak tgk gambar2 Apandi ni...ni nak kena reccee Penang Mali ni...

Mat Salo said...

Hmmm... last pi situ pon realize dah tak sodap dah... better to go up ahead to "Muhibbah" - at least you know what you're getting...

J.T. said...

Hello Apandi, I hopped over from Pi Bani's blog.
Aiyoo... you make me hungry la with all those pictures. So cruel, so cruel. hahaha
I am too far away to try these foods. Only when I balik kampung, I get to eat all the foods I miss... till my heart's content.
The Penang Prawn Mee looks absolutely delicious.

Apandi said...

rg, dah tak sedap dah kat Penang Mari, if you are in Taman Tun better go to Jasima or as ms say, muhibbah.

jt, ha ha, you are not the only one. At least one or two more is drooling half a world away. Muahahh hah hah. Thanks for dropping by.

Anonymous said...

Dear Apandi,

Huh... lapar sungguh rasanya tengok gambar2 yang u letak tuh. Pah tuh, si Mat Salo ni, buat I teringat nak makan muhibbah! Ish....

Apandi said...

Forget Muhibbah, come to Glomac Square Kelana Jaya and have a go at Aladdin, a new Chinese Muslim restaurant or how about Restoran Soup Adabi with their set meals i.e. sup daging pattani with kangkung belacan, telur dadar and sambal belacan...