Friday, March 23, 2007

Spooky.


Its been dark and stormy with rain lashing mercilessly on the office window pane for the past couple of days. Normally towards the end of the day when its time to go. This sets a certain mood of gloom and doom. I left the office a little late yesterday after waiting for the rain to let up a bit mainly because the rain pants that I bought in Singapore has a slight leak problem. The leak is very slight, more water penetration through the fabric than an actual leak. But, the location of the leak is a BIG problem. It is right between my legs so much so that the first sensation would be of an unnatural cooling of my balls. My head would be dry, the upper part of my body would be dry, the lower part would also be dry, the crucial bits are not.

As I entered the lift, there is a girl standing right at the back and staring at the floor. As the lift starts descending I heard her humming (very soft and melodic) the theme song to a popular Malay horror movie. The atmosphere and the song gave me goosebumps. Spooky. Luckily it was only 6 floors....

BTW, if you would recall some time back I posted on an opportunity to do good. I made a call to just check on how he is doing. His health has improved and he is able to move unassisted. He is in the process of withdrawing from his EPF and currently waiting for the hospital report which will enable him to do this. He is truly grateful for the assistance as it was a real life saver, for his kids. Now, hopefully the hospital can come up with the report soon enough so that he could get his EPF and move on, perhaps to start a small business....

No comments: