Thursday, January 04, 2007

The lost bat.

Poor guy, this photo was taken in the late morning, almost afternoon. The sun is high up and the day is bright. Certainly not an ideal environment for a bat used to forage in darkness. I think this little guy is lost. Either that or his navigation system and sensors is way off that he is left in light and trying desperately to get shelter beneath the frond of the coconut tree. Perhaps he was not in the best of health.

Can you see the desperation in his eyes ?

I had been in this situation too. A long, long time ago in the port of Hamburg at the peak of winter. Money is all gone, its cold and I miss the crew boat not to mention the dread of having to subsequently miss my duty. My shelter back then was an empty toilet which in those hours is colder than outside but gave protection against the biting wind.

Not pleasant.

No comments: